Circa: 1930 Condition: Very good Material: Terracotta Finish: Original Country of origin: USA
Dimensions: 29 1/8” wide x 7.75” tall x 17.5” deep
Add To Cart
George Grant Elmslie designed these terracotta stones for the Oliver Morton School in Hammond, Indiana in 1936. Built in 1936, the school was one of three schools in the area that Elmslie contributed to. The school was torn down in 1991- but luckily much of the historic terracotta was salvaged. This design is one of several repeating terracotta patterns. The design pays homage to Elmslie’s Louis Sullivan training in organic, foliate ornamentation and Art Deco geometry.